Join Our Team!
Job Title: Vice President of Member Services
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer of Southern Financial Exchange
Southern Financial Exchange (SFE) is a not-for-profit payments association serving individuals, financial institutions and corporations primarily in Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee. The mission of Southern Financial Exchange (SFE) is to provide education, risk and compliance services, advocacy, and consultative expertise to the financial institutions and organizations we serve, through a collaborative partnership with our members and industry leaders.
Southern Financial Exchange aspires to be the number one provider of payments education, audit and risk management services, and consultative expertise for financial institutions and payments providers. We will do so consistent with a set of core values that create trust and value for our member institutions.
Our team is staffed with subject matter experts in banking, treasury management, and the payments industry. SFE is committed to the continued growth, security, and overall health of the ACH network, check, card, wire transfer and faster payments solutions. SFE provides industry leadership to help shape the payments industry through participation in industry committees at the national level and by advocating for our members.
The VP of Member Services is responsible for performing a variety of Professional Services (ACH Audits and Risk Assessments, Remote Deposit Capture Risk Assessments and Audit of Internal Controls, and Wire Transfer Risk Assessments and Audit of Internal Controls) for SFE clients, assist with delivery of training programs and answer member inquiries related to ACH rules interpretation and other payments issues.
- Perform Professional Services for clients (ACH Audits and Risk Assessments, Remote Deposit Capture Risk Assessments and Audit of Internal Controls, and Wire Transfer Risk Assessments and Audit of Internal Controls) of Southern Financial Exchange.
- Contribute to achieving annual budget projections for revenue and expense associated with above mentioned services.
- Contribute to the accomplishment of the Southern Financial Exchange Annual Goals & Objectives and Strategic Plan as well as individual goals.
- Develop and present training programs that can be provided to the membership on ACH and other payments-related topics.
- Participate on various regional and national payments-related committees, which enhance your knowledge and expertise and ultimately benefit the association and its members.
- Answer telephone inquiries on ACH and related payments questions in a timely manner. This includes inputting each call into WebSuite2 the call tracking database.
- Adhere to the SFE Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Ethics, and Quality.
- Acquire new members.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual in this position must be results driven with demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills. The position requires a self-starter with the ability to work independently, strong problem-solving skills, client-service oriented and the ability to lead as well as follow in a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Education, Finance or related area or equivalent; excellent communication, presentation and writing skills; at least ten years’ experience in financial services industry with comprehensive knowledge of ACH and other payment systems. Prior auditing and training experience with one or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP)
- Accredited Payments Risk Professional (APRP)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Treasury Professional (CTP)
- National Check Professional (NCP)
Forward your résumé to Pam Rodriguez, Chief Operating Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.